Nephilim: The Truth Is Here (Nephilim series, #1) - Lynn A. Marzulli
In the first chapters of 'Nephilim', Art Mackenzie, a alcoholic reporter, stumbles upon evidence of a government cover-up. He infiltrates the restricted floor of a mental hospital, where patients, all women, are kept sedated and restrained. One woman tells him that something fathered an inhuman child in her (a Nephilim - the offspring of a fallen angel and a human mother). Thus begins the story of what really happened at Roswell New Mexico, cattle mutilations, alien abductions, secret underground bases, black-op military units, conspiracies within conspiracies, and a clever story which links UFO phenomena with the Biblical account of the Nephilim in Genesis 6.

The book explores a fascinating and refreshing end-time theory which, while a bit bizarre for the average person, is disturbingly believable. About 'Nephilim' Chuck Missler, renowned Bible scholar, states the following:

"A very provocative scenario. It appears Lynn Marzulli has done his homework."

I have always been interesting in UFO phenomena and how it fits within a Christian World view, so I couldn't wait to read 'Nephilim'. I found the story to be between average and good. My reasons follow...

The first half of the book was relatively slow for me. I'm used to high suspense, high action novels, and although this has some great action and suspense, it is definitely not in the same league as anything by Dekker or Huggins. However, one must realise that the background and foundation of the story takes a lot of explaining, and it really does set up the whole trilogy. I've read that the second book is a total roller-coaster ride, so here's hoping.

This book is also blatantly Christian and makes no apologies for being so, which I find quite refreshing. There are many Christian authors who include Christian ideas throughout their stories to cover both the Christian and secular market, there is nothing wrong with this, but I did enjoy the non-compromising nature of the book.

If you enjoy a good story, with smatterings of suspense horror and action, and have an interest in aliens and the paranormal, Christian or non-Christian... you will find this a very enjoyable and thought provoking read. I'm looking forward to Book 2: Unholy Deception.